So you've made up your mind to step out in your best and be different. Or maybe its time for that long deserved gift. And it has to be a designer bag. The market is huge - designers are a dime a dozen, and if you consider that each designer has a range, your confusion may start right there. So come on now, pick up your bag and your coat, lets go out and I'll show you how to choose a bag that's right for you.
1. The first thing to think about is your body type. Some of us are petite while others are full figured. If your are a petite, a small bag suits you best because a big bag will pull so much emphasis onto itself that it will shrink you even further. If you're full figured, a bigger bag will do best, because it will still get noticed.
2. While still on the subject of matching bag with body, your height will also come into consideration. If you're slim and tall, choose a rounded bag to compliment your body shape. If you're the shortish type, choose a bag that's tall and rectangular, preferably with adjustable straps so that you can adjust according to occasions. If you are have a regular body shape (not too short, not too tall), then the world of bags is yours to choose from, just make sure not to choose one that's too small or too big.
3. Next, consider your wardrobe. What do you mostly wear? Designer bags tend to be very versatile, but you still need to choose a bag that will go with most of the clothes in your wardrobe. And don't forget shoes and belts too, they are part of your wardrobe.
4. Consider the occasion for which you need the bag. Is it an everyday bag or just a bag for special occasions? Or maybe it's an evening clutch bag? An everyday bag needs to be sturdy and hardy - can take in all your carry-arounds and be comfortable and still look chic. An evening clutch may need to be beaded or sequined and maybe a bit showier.
5. Consider your budget. There's a whole variety of designer bags out there that have a huge price range, but you can always get something good for the amount of money you have if you've saved up well (usually starting from $1000 is good enough). It may be tempting to buy the first thing you come across, but shop around a little.
6. Lastly, consider your style. Some of us are subtle people and some of us not so subtle. There's a designer bag for every woman, so go for the one that best defines who you are. If you are a mama who is busy shuttling babies back and forth every day, you would probably look very interesting carrying a little clutch of a bag that has a beautiful flower on it. Get a big enough bag to handle all your business. Same for if you're a hot 23 year old girl. A big plain tote won't sell you enough, unless you like understated. There's bags for everyone, just take your time to choose.
7. Okay, lastly, really lastly, choose a bag with adjustable straps and several compartments in it. You'll discover how handy these come when your bag weight changes or you're simply trying to get your bag organized. Best of all, designers constantly have offers on their bags, so looking around on the internet will be of great help. If you want to have a look at some of these deals right now, check out our site.